3.21.2011

A General Update: Moni Haworth, Artwork & Lust List

I have a collection of photos of my favorite vintage pieces for my new wardrobe check, once uploaded it will be on it's way later this week.

In case you haven't noticed I've created a secondary blog to correspond with thestylewhxre, you can check it out here; thestylewhxre a little more personal or on my 'About' page. It's not really much more "personal" per-say, but just going to cover a broader range of topics - which I had initially intended for this blog, but ended up going the full-on fashion blog route. I have a ton of more things that I love and inspire me that aren't fashion related that I will be discussing and peppering it with some of my crazy life stories in here & there. I would love for anyone who wants to get to know that side of me - Alix Daignault and not so much 'thestylewhore' to check it out and experience some art, music, films and a variety of other things that inspire me and I enjoy...

...and speaking of getting to know me better, I've been working on an interview Q&A for clottedartery.com and will let everyone know when that's ready - in the meantime check out the site, it's worth your while.






These photos were all taken by Moni Haworth - my new favorite photographer. You absolutely must visit her website JohnnysBird to see first hand how fucking amazing her work is - not only her work, but her style is something admirable, something not many people can pull off because it's kind of something you're born with.


... I would absolutely kill to meet Moni and listen to Nirvana, smoke and take endless photos - one of the few real woman I feel as if I could really connect with. Although, even just a conversation/interview would make my world spin a little bit faster...

Also this evening I came across another fashion blogger Inam Malik of All in Fashion, there was some artwork posted on his blog that I was immediately drawn to and would love to have hanging all over my studio apartment.







Now, as each of these are signed with 'Inam', I can only assume he is the artist of these amazing pieces. I will have to validate that and make sure credit is given where credit is due - but take a look at his fashion blog and send him a tweet @iNam.

My next call of duty for this post is an updated lust list - but I'm feeling more of a need of an updated wardrobe and will be taking care of that sometime later this week.



Lust List


A lot of people hate glitter and think it's tacky, I am not one of those people. I love glitter - on my eyes, on my lips, on my cheeks, my clothes and especially my shoes. I am dying for a pair of glitter platform pumps, my personal favorites being

The Daffodil Glitter Platform Pumps from Christian Louboutin Spring/Summer 2011 but since I probably won't be able to afford those to-die-for pumps anytime soon I would definitely settle for The Sakura Glitter Platform from Topshop, these babies are killer...


I am dying for a pair of glitter platform pumps and can't wait until I find the pair that calls my name loud and clear... or I'll just have to make a little online purchase or two.

I'm also absolutely obsessed with lipstick, lipgloss, lipbalm (only rosebud) and especially M.A.C lip products - I have a growing collection and always want every color...

L-R: Riveting Rose (L.E), Wrong Spell (L.E), Orchid (Amplified Creme)

The next three colors I plan to purchase later on this week, maybe tomorrow. I may upload a 'What's in my Make-Up Bag' collection video for my youtube and may take that over as more of a beauty section... we'll see.

Stay posted for my upcoming Wardrobe Check: Select Vintage Pieces post later this week!

try to stay classy & always be stylish.

XXX
-the style whxre