3.31.2011

House of BUN & A Brief Update



Last year, I had mentioned a local jewelry designer Carola Alder and her line 'House of BUN'. I attended the launch party for her debut collection "Tutu" and fell head over heels in love. If I wasn't a starving artist, I would kill for one of her pieces, they are absolutely exquisite.

Queen of Hearts Necklace, $320 & Rabber Bun Necklace, $360; two of my favorite pieces from the 'Tutu' collection.


With the recent release of the 'Lady Godiva' parfum, the recent launch of two more collections 'Le Petit Fleur' & 'Le Phantome' and Carola designing customized pieces for Lady Gaga & her DJ Lady Starlight, 'House of BUN' is blowing up at a fast speed....

Lady Godiva parfum, $55


I think people should prepare for the next big thing when it comes it exquisite, couture jewelry...
The House of BUN

Visit houseofbun.com to check out Carolas beautiful pearl necklaces... and maybe buy me an early Christmas gift (hint, hint family...)



The other day a good friend of mine Alex Yelizarov, a photographer based here in Vancouver @sharpshutterstudios came over for a creative photo shoot. He's sending over the proofs soon and I can't wait to share with you the final shots.


one of my favorite photos from our shoot last September...

I'm finishing up editing the photos for 'Wardrobe Check! Choice Vintage Pieces Part 2'. This one will feature my great-grandmothers fur coats and a lot of items given to me (...or secretly stolen) from my momma. I'm really excited for part two and should have it up within the next couple days, so stay posted for that.

I feel as if lookbook has become a bit commercialized now, however I will always love the site for inspiration. Now that my camera is back in action, I'll be posting some outfits on my profile there @Lookbook: Alix Kat so feel free to check that out in the near future as well.

XXX
the style whore