6.02.2011

"I love that my fans are my girlfriends" - Betsey Johnson



"I would love to be in love, but you can't make the guy thing happen. I think we have to get happy without that thing happening; of course, I would love a hot love affair. I want a love affair with a guy who likes my hair and my ripped jeans, ya know, it's just getting to that confidence and I think age gets you there no matter what, it's like, are you gonna be alive and miserable? or alive and happy? and life is just too short" - Betsey Johnson


I was watching Fashion TV the other day and it featured an interview with one of my favorite designers, the one and only Betsey Johnson. The above quote was something she said to Jeanne Beker during her interview and I had to rewind my cable box to get it right because it's so true and inspirational. Betsey is not only an inspiration through her words, but her designs are made for confident girls. If you don't feel comfortable in a Betsey Johnson piece, you can almost guarantee you will look like a fool...




Above are some of my favorite 'New Arrival' dresses. My first high school prom dress was a gorgeous black poofy Betsey Johnson with a big-ass bow... I fell in love. In 2004 Betsey added handbags, jewelry, shoes, hats and scarves to her self-titled label...





... although there are more modest pieces available (bows, pearls, ect.) I tend to be partial to the more over-the-top pieces. The Punk Rock Skull Princess tote above is killer, as are the NK Charms Skull Frontal necklace and the Skull Heart Charms Toggle bracelet... my absolute to-die-for piece of jewelry from the Betsey Johnson line recently, though, would have to be the Snake Ring...

.

Betsey Johnson is a stand-out, over-the-top woman and that shows right through her line and right through to her classic cart-wheel finale... She represents and inspires strong, confident women all over the world.

On a final note - in the same episode of Fashion TV Sarah Jessica Parker had said when watching women walk down the street she took note of how style has nothing to do with what the woman is wearing but more with how she carries herself and how comfortable she feels with herself and what she's chosen to wear... I couldn't agree more.

It's not what you wear, but how you wear it.


XXX
-the style whore