2.23.2011

Haper's Bazaar March 2011

It's been a long hiatus. Life has taken a few serious turns and has been turned upside down. On top of everything happening (I'm not going into personal details...) my MacBook also decided to break for the fourth time since I got it last December, this time it wouldn't even turn on. I've lost everything and I'm taking a medical leave from school, I'm taking a different avenue right now. I plan to get a part-time job, and pursue modeling further.
I received my MacBook via UPS today, so I'm back up and running, albeit starting from complete scratch minus the songs I have from my 2-year-old iPod. I plan to spend a bit more time blogging again and hopefully get my YouTube channel going once again.



So, to be honest - I was never, ever a Kardashian fan. I didn't have cable for a while when I first moved into my new apartment and spent a lot of time watching 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' - horrible reality television is my guilty pleasure - but I found myself loving it, and them. All of them, Khloe especially. Anyway when I saw Kim on the cover of this months Haper's Bazaar I had to pick it up.

I'm about to make a semi-controversial statement and that is the fact that VOGUE is not my fashion bible, and Anna Wintour really doesn't know absolutely everything about fashion, art, ect. and to be totally honest - I rarely spend my money on VOGUE anymore and haven't in quite some time. Harper's on the other hand, has always been a must-have (and NYLON) I can spend the entire month flipping through the same copy of Harper's and always re-reading articles or falling in love with more items.


Cleopatra with a K


This issue of Harper's was no exception. I fucking loved this issue. In the Cleopatra with a K article featuring Kim Kardashian she was channeling her idol Liz Taylor as her role in 'Cleopatra' in 1963.


The Real Daphne Guinness


Even better? Daphne Guinness, I love this woman so much. She must have the most fabulous couture collection ever (and actually purchases all of her pieces). Style is blessed upon rare few, Daphne being one. And upon the passing of her dear friend (and another one of my inspirations) Isabella Blow she purchased Issys entire wardrobe instead of it being auctioned off.

I could go on and on about everything I love about this months Harper's, including the Vampire editorial shot by my favorite man ever Mr. Karl Lagerfeld, an editorial featuring the lovely Chloe Sevigny and a Liza Minelli article from her days at The Factory... such a fantastic issue.

Lust List and some things I'm currently obsessing over will posted soon - so glad to back in the world of technology.

tatteredtights &
tweet me @alixdaignault

XXX
- thestylewhxre