4.24.2011

Nail Polish Strips?

Yesterday I was shopping in my local Wal*Mart (as I'm back home in the boondocks for Easter Weekend) and while browsing the makeup department I came across these babies...

Sally Hansen Salon Effects peel-on nail polish strips

Of course I've heard about the peel-on nail polish strips a while back but never got around to buying any as I usually stick to manicures or black polish. So I figured, what the hell and picked up two boxes. I was in a hurry before going out last night and decided it would be the perfect time to take these peel-on nails for a test drive...


I used the color "Raise a Glass" for most of my nails, and then used "Misbehaved" on my ring fingers. I think it took me a total 10 minutes to put them on/shape them/ect. and then I could get ready without worrying about polish smudging and getting everywhere. The package says the peel-ons should last about ten days... I'm still iffy on that because after a few too many cocktails I discovered one no longer polished nail, however I've since put a top coat on over the peel-ons and so far so good. I'm actually quite happy and impressed with the end result. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather visit a salon for a weekly manicure but these are excellent to have just kicking around when your in a hurry and want some nicely painted nails.
You can check out all the color/pattern varieties here. My personal favorites being "Glitz Blitz" "Frock Star" "Laced Up" & "Cut it Out"

XXX
- the style whore