5.03.2011

Nailz Did

I had another successful photo shoot on Saturday, with my friend Abby Lopez. Inspired by 'Walk the Line', we had curls and finger waves with simplistic makeup, when I get the photos I will upload them to my personal blog @tatteredtights. I have another shoot this week & potentially some big news...

Since I've been crazy busy with modeling/modeling-related stuff, this will be a fairly short update on some of my recent beauty endeavors...

... I recently was lucky enough to score one of the last few bottles of O.P.I "Shattered" at the drugstore the other day.




O.P.I Burlesque 'Rising Star' & Katy Perry for O.P.I 'Shattered'


... Sorry, I hate feet too but since I used this polish on my toenails first - I had to take some pics to get the effect across. I love 'Shattered' and can't wait for the silver version with the Pirates of the Caribbean collection. I've also heard China Glaze is coming out with colored versions of a shattered polish.



Sally Hansen 'Black Platinum' & Sally Hansen Salon Effects 'Blue Ice' (ring finger)

I've also become a little obsessed with Sally Hansen Salon Effects peel-on polish. I mentioned my first use of it a few posts ago and this shit lasts for days! The packaging says it will last for 10 days, but I made it about 12-13 before I decided to change my polish. It's so easy & quick, the best part? they look professional as hell.
I should also note that with all of my polishes I use REVLON quick dry for a base coat & Sally Hansen Clear'd for Takeoff as a top coat.

I've also changed my daily make-up routine. I wanted to try the ALMAY smart shade foundation + concealer for a while and a few weeks ago when I ran out of my usual M.A.C Studio Fix foundation and I was broke as a joke (...life as a starving artist...), I decided to try out the ALMAY smart shade line.


Being a fairly pale girl, I got the shade 'light/pale #100'. I wanted to wait a while before posting anything on the product, but to be honest... I may not go back to my usual M.A.C foundation. Which is saying something because I rarely stray from my beloved M.A.C products, but this foundation/concealer duo is beyond fantastic. It's light and airy but still gives you an even, flawless finish. It's drugstore cheap to boot, so for now... I'm sticking with it.

I'm hoping I'll have some exciting news to share soon, until then stay posted @tatteredtights & tatteredtights@tumblr.

XXX
- the style whore